Monday, February 18, 2013

Reflections on "Letting it Go." 1 year later.

Reflections on "Letting It Go"

 From 1 year later


     It's funny how hard it was for me to just give that snow board away at the time. I was attached to it. It was my first board. It signaled a huge change in my life, from surfing in cali (home) to snowboarding in my new home of Missoula, MT (the independence of college).  ...And it had all those stickers that were mementos of all these adventures I had with this new snowboard.

     But during my last year in Missoula, I bought a new, much nicer board. which left this old one out in my garage collecting dust in hopes of one day being useful as a decoration once I bought a house and settled down. Until then, I hauled both boards around with me every where I moved. My new board (that I actually used) and my old board (collecting dust). I ended up giving it to a guy from eastern europe that answered my Craigslist add and just popped over and picked took if off of my hands.

     Lets Just say to put it simply. I don't miss that snowboard. In fact I haven't even thought about it in the longest time. It's strange how some things only effect us on an emotional or sentimental level while they are in our lives and once that are not you don't miss them the way you thought you would, in fact you don't miss them at all.  I no longer carry that snow board around with me physically, emotionally, figuratively or metaphorically. But isn't that what "Letting it Go" means?

No comments:

Post a Comment