Sunday, March 2, 2014

Lent 2014. Practicing Presence Through Thoughtfulness and Creativity,




     I've decided not to give anything up for lent this year. Instead I am going to nurture my "artistic" side by committing to taking at least one picture per day for the whole of lent. 

This should be an interesting project. I want to focus on mindfulness that I encounter through the process of creativity. To either create frame through which to view a moment or scene, or to look for moments that I would usually ignore or allow to pass. And if I fail, I can always go with yet anoooother picture of my kid or (please g-d no...) a selfie! 

So that is the goal. Not a sacrifice, but instead a period of mindfulness, of resetting the lens through which I view myself in relationship to the world around me, and thus with my God as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment